America’s Most Stressed—and Most Chill—Cities
Stop the complaining, Colorado is not in the top “stressed” states! How do they calculate this? The Realtor.com data team pulled together a list of 11 metrics that they think give a pretty good indication.
- Housing affordability, signaled by price-to-income ratio
- Average hours of sleep
- Average work hours
- Percentage of people who commute more than 45 minutes to work
- Unemployment rate
- Percentage of people who live below the poverty line
- Divorce rate
- Number of yoga and meditation centers per capita
- Percentage of people in “poor” or “fair” health (46% of Americans cite health concerns as a leading cause of stress)
- Percentage of people who don’t think “having as much fun as possible” is important, according to a 2016 Nielsen poll.
Although I’m sure that every point could be debated, the bottom line is that we in Colorado are pretty blessed to call this incredible state home! The article does finish up by saying the #1 stress free city to live is Fargo, ND. Come on, then you wouldn’t have the Broncos are #1 “stressor”! Call me, let’s go find that new “stress free home”!
Read more about America’s Most Stressed — and Most Chill Cities, here.
More About Madeline
I specialize in selling luxury homes, in Vail Valley, Beaver Creek, Cordillera, Cherry Hills, Cherry Hills Village, Greenwood Village, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and Denver Metro Area.
Madeline Properties and I were honored with the 2015 5-Star Real Estate Award in 5280 Magazine.
As a Certified Negotiations Expert, you will be in good hands! You’ll get:
• All the latest listings available.
• Large Photos, Home Tours & Maps including Google® Street View.
• Notification of New Listings and Price Changes.
• Free to use. I respect your privacy.
• I’m here to help if you need me.
And download my FREE APP get free access to all local listings from your smartphone or tablet!
Please feel free to explore the website and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.